Repair Request

If something is broken in your house, you can submit a request for repairs.

This also applies to repairs that fall under the  service agreement.
To whom and how  you should submit your request, depends on the nature of the repairs to be performed.


All our buildings are monitored by caretakers. The caretaker is the primary contact person for all residents. Please do not hesitate to approach them if you have a question or a complaint.


  • welcome new residents with introductory meetings;
  • check all common areas in and outside the building;
  • pay close attention to fire safety, hygiene and any maintenance defects;
  • ensure that residents comply with the Rental Terms and Conditions a well as the residents’ regulations;
  • mediate in case of disputes between neighbours or nuisance.

Are you experiencing a fundamental problem, or has there been an argument with the neighbours? Are you concerned about a housemate or one of your neighbours? Do you need help yourself regarding the living conditions?

If so, please contact the DUWO social manager.

Would you like to make an appointment with one of the caretakers or the social manager? Then please complete the contact form, choose Appointment with the caretaker/social manager as subject.

Student caretakers:
In all student residences in Leiden, but also in some buildings in Delft, The Hague, Wageningen and Amsterdam region,  one of your roommates will be your primary contact person: the student caretaker. The student caretaker is also the contact person for DUWO. Student caretakers will conduct a welcoming interview with each new resident in a non-self-contained room (in self-contained accommodation the caretaker will do this) in which they provide information about the building, fire safety and the house rules. Please contact the student caretaker if you have any questions about, for example,:

  • keys,
  • the condition of your room,
  • moving internally,
  • hygiene and fire safety,
  • repairs in the common areas.

Would you like to make an appointment with one of the student caretakers? Then please complete the contact form.

Malfunctions and requests for repairs
To report a malfunction or request repairs, you must always submit a request for repairs. If it concerns a recurring problem or a problem that has not been solved completely, please notify the caretaker of this via the  contact form.